Table of Contents
- How to Convert Power Wheels to 20v Dewalt
- Benefits of Changing to a Power Wheels Battery
- Safety Tips While Converting Power Wheel Battery
Are you looking for how to convert power wheels to 20v Dewalt? Well, you have come to the precise place. In this article, we are going to talk about the actual converting method of a power wheel by 20v Dewalt. So keep going through the article to know the proper way to do it.
Basically, the power wheel is something that every kid loves to ride on it. This toy car offers much fun and real automobile feel that no kids can resist the urge to get it. Although the use of these power wheels began in the ’80s. But toy car makers have added great and top-class features that keep kids busy.
At some point, this power wheel needs to be fastened. Especially when children’s motor skills are developing. In this case, we think the 20 volt Dewalt battery would be better. Let’s find out the correct method of how to install in 20 volt Dewalt battery power wheel.
How to Convert Power Wheels to 20v Dewalt
When it comes to how to convert power wheels to 20v Dewalt, you need to replace your original battery at the beginning. Because it is not possible to convert a new 20V battery without replacing the original battery. So at the beginning, you need to collect some tools.
- Power wheels with 30 Amp Inline Fuse
- Battery Charger
- Lithium tool
- Dewalt battery adapter
- 6/12 volts parts
Step 1: Remove the Main Battery
First, find out where the original power wheel battery is. Finding the location of the main battery is not a very difficult task. It may be inside the trunk, under the hood, or under the passenger seat. When you find the main battery, detach it from the car’s wire harness.
Step 2: Change the Drill Battery
Then all you have to do is find the connector plug. This requires cutting two wires from the stock battery. Remember, you will never be able to use this stock battery again. Now you need to use Factory Battery Connector Plug and Dewalt Battery Adapter. To do this, simply connect the two wires. Then wrap the connection with electrical tape.
If you want, you can cut it evenly with a crimper. Now the positive wire must be connected with a 30amp inline fuse. There is another risk factor here. If a large amount of electricity flows through the motor, the fuse may break. So be careful about this.
Step 3: Make a Drill Battery Connection
Once the connection is complete, it’s time to test it to see if it’s working properly. Now position the fuse between the red and black wires. On the other hand, use Velcro when attaching the charger adapter to the rear of the car. Also, using an electric speed controller kit might be a good idea. Because it will manage the amount of power so that your baby gets higher power in the vehicle.
Step 4: Test the Power Wheel
After connecting the battery, now is the time to test the motor. This is why you should check the power wheel’s gas pedal and rear spin. If you can see improvement, then everything is fine. Moreover, lithium tool batteries are much lighter than 6V or 12V batteries.
Step 5: Let Complete the Task
If everything is done correctly, then inspect the wire to make sure it is secure. If you are proficient in this, solder the wires together. More importantly, you can use a voltmeter to check the voltage. That’s it! This is how you can convert your power wheels to 20v Dewalt. Tips about How To Convert A Power Wheels Battery.
Benefits of Changing to a Power Wheels Battery
You do not have to be an expert to convert or change the battery. Only basic knowledge of electricity and how to operate the fuse is required. Typically, the default weight of a battery is about 10 pounds. If the battery is converted, the vehicle may be slightly unloaded.
Moreover, the battery power will increase which will make the vehicle faster than before. This will allow your child to feel the feel of any outside ride. Can even experience smoothly driving on any muddy, bumpy, bumpy, concrete terrain. To get more info, you can learn about How to Improve Power Wheels Traction.
Safety Tips While Converting Power Wheel Battery
When you convert your power wheel battery, there are some important things to keep in mind. Because these factors will allow you to successfully convert the power wheel battery. Moreover, safety is something that should be given the highest priority in electrical matters. Otherwise, any kind of accident can happen. Which neither I nor you would like.
- Never allow any kids around during the battery converting operation. Because they can suddenly touch or disassemble any part. Today will disturb your work.
- When processing the battery, be sure to take a dry place. Never go to work in a wet place. This can damage the tools. It is best if you can go to college in the garage. Because that place is a suitable place for electrical work.
- Another thing we strongly recommend you to buy is a helmet for small children. For this, you can take the help of Amazon or other popular online sites.
- When setting the ESC in the power wheel, make sure that it is close to the child so that he can easily control the speed. This is best if it is dashboard or foot position. Then you can ask for extra speed while driving.
- Above all, check a few times to see if all the connections are correct through the tester. Because wrong connections can cause any kind of burst or explosion.
- When it comes to battery conversion, if you are confused about something, you can seek the help of an expert. If you want to get additional information regarding the topic, you can simply go with How To Convert Power Wheels To 18v Milwaukee.
As you can see that converting the power wheel is not a very problematic task at all. By converting 20V Dewalt batteries, you will be able to make your child’s vehicle superfast. However, it will bring the best driving fun for your child.