Table of Contents
When kids become experts in power wheel driving, they want to have a more rapid riding experience. But sadly, sometimes that doesn’t happen. This is because of the low speed of his older power wheel. So how do you make a power wheels go faster?
In this article, we will show you how to fasten a power wheel for a better riding experience. Then go with this article to know the ways to make your child’s power wheel dynamic.
How Do You Make a Power Wheels Go Faster
How do I make a power wheels go faster- In answer to this question, we will say there are different methods available. You can do this by replacing the new battery or adding an electric speed controller. But you need to keep one thing in mind before going into details. Power wheels come with a child safety design. These can run at a maximum of 6 to 8 km per hour.
Adding an extra battery will double its speed. Below, we share some innovative methods that will allow you to speed up your child’s power wheel. Let’s dive into further details.
Install a New Battery
One of the most effective ways to fasten a power wheel is to install a new battery. This makes it almost double speedy as before. Of course in this case it will depend on which battery model your child uses. Typically, children’s power wheels are 8, 12, and 24 volts. However, most power wheels are 12 volts as parents prefer it. As a result, you can easily convert them to 18 or 20 volts.
Follow the steps below to replace or add a new battery. Note that the replacement process may vary slightly according to the model. In this case, you can take the help of model base specific user manual.
- Make sure the battery you are using is compatible with your child and vehicle.
- Now press the door button to access the battery location. The location of the battery is usually behind the driver’s seat.
- Remove the old battery. At this time, make sure that no wiring connection is damaged or lost.
- Set the new battery in the Empty battery slot. Then properly attach the motor’s harness connectors. For example, connect the positive wires of the battery to the positive terminal of the power wheel. Similarly, apply the same process in case of a negative terminal.
- Close the battery door again.
When the new battery set is complete, verify that the battery is charging properly. For this, you can take the help of a voltmeter. Lastly, give your child a test drive and make sure he or she is able to adjust to the speed of the power wheel.
Attach an Electric Speed Controller
This hack really works to make any power wheel instant speedy. This not only speeds up the power wheel but also allows it to turn off remotely. And also uses a beeper sound as a backup. Correspondingly, the type of speed controller you will use for your child’s electric car is a big factor. This is why you should follow the instruction guide or manual with the electric speed controller model.
Moreover, you can take the help of any video tutorial if you want. The job of the electric speed controller is to adjust the speed. The speed is adjusted by the gearbox of the power wheel. After installing the electric speed controller, make sure to have a test drive with your child. Therefore, you can see if he can control the speedwell or not.
Add the Gearbox
Most power wheels contain plastic gearboxes. But to make them faster, they need to change. Because they slow down the speed of the kid toy a lot.
- A pair of pliers to change the gears.
- A screw gun to separate the gearbox from the motor.
- A new gearbox that is compatible with the battery.
They will come in handy to open the pitch nut of your power wheel tire. On the other hand, the reason for moving the tires is to have easy access to the gearbox. You can fix this gearbox issue in two ways. Either replace or set extra gear options in the gearbox. But the extra gear option does not support all power wheels. That’s why we recommend replacing the gearbox.
Here we show a common method so that you can easily install a speed controller in your child’s power wheel.
- First, find out if there is a problem with the gearbox and remove the hubcap from the wheel.
- Remove the wheel push nut with the help of a plier.
- Now eliminate the wheel and take out the coupler.
- Unscrew the screws in the back seat with a screw gun.
- Now pull the axle to release the gearbox. As a result, the gearbox will be separated from the motor.
- Next, connect the new gearbox to the motor. Make sure it lines up with pinion gear.
- Finally, set the gearbox to the previous position. Now it is ready for a test drive.
Replace the Motor
Another reason for the power wheel to be slow is its motor. After using it for a long time, the motor becomes weak. A powerful and high-quality motor replacement would be best for this. Because the new motor will speed up your child’s power wheel which will make riding more fun than before.
Now buy a new motor based on how fast it will be ideal for your child. Then install the motor. Usually, the motor is attached to the gearbox. So if you want to reach that point, you have to take off the wheel first. Now carefully separate the motor from the gearbox. To do this, repeat the gearbox removal process mentioned earlier. Finally, hook up the wires to the motor with the power wheel.
You can make some modifications to make your child’s power wheel riding exciting. This modification will make the power wheel almost double faster than before. You can go with methods like battery switching, electric speed controller, or motor replacement to make the power wheel fast.