Table of Contents
- Making Power Wheels Go Faster
- What Exactly Are Power Wheels
- What Should You Look For When Buying A Power Wheel
- How Do You Make Power Wheels Go Faster
- How To Change The Battery
- How Far Can 6V Power Wheels Go
- Power Wheel 12 Volt Speed Range Of Battery
- How Much Distance Does A 24V Power Wheel Cover
- Power Wheel Models Of A 6 Volt Battery That Make Power Wheels Go Faster
- Best Models For 1 To 2 Years Child
Making Power Wheels Go Faster
What Exactly Are Power Wheels
Power Wheel is a brand that produces children’s toy cars. These wheels use a battery to power the car. It is manufactured for one to seven-year-old children. This mini ride car has many realistic features such as opening and closing of the doors, FM radio, AC, seat for a child, forward and reverse motion, etc.
Moreover, the battery that is used in these vehicles usually comes with 12 volts. The timing of the battery varies and depends on the voltage of the battery. However, you can upgrade the battery power through certain changes. So, in this article, we are going to discuss, how to make your power wheels faster.
What Should You Look For When Buying A Power Wheel
Certain features of battery-powered vehicles, whether it or others, should be examined. However, the most observable brand of toy is Power Wheels. The most important feature that you should check is the battery of the toy car and its timing. Most toy cars have 12 volt batteries that can run for 1 to 2 hours. If you have two kids, then you should buy a car with two seats.
How Do You Make Power Wheels Go Faster
Here, we will discuss how to upgrade the power wheel to run fast. So, follow the next steps listed below to modify your power wheel.
1: Replace the battery
2: Install a new motor
3: Use an electronic speed controller
4: Change the gears
Step 1: Change The Toy’s Battery
One of the major modifications is the battery change. To speed the power wheel, you can upgrade a 12-volt battery to 18 volts. To change the battery to a new one, you have to remove it from the car’s body. Then install the 18-volt battery.
How To Change The Battery
Now, we learn how to change the battery with a high voltage battery.
- Remove the Old Battery: Before installing the new battery, remove the old one. Cut the wires of the old battery from the connector of the power wheel. And remove the old battery from the vehicle.
- Connect Wires With The New Battery: Then connect the wires with the new battery. Carefully put each wire into the positive and negative slots of the battery. And place the battery at the right edge of the car.
- Test The 18 Volt Battery: After changing the 12-volt battery to 18 volts, test the power wheel. This step will help you to make sure that your battery connection is working well. If the new battery works well, you have done with the first step of making the power wheel faster.
Step 2: Install A New Motor to Make Power Wheels Go Faster
The motor is the most important part of the power wheel that runs the vehicle. You can install a new motor to run the power wheel faster. To install a new motor, you have to follow the next steps.
- Unplug the Red Positive Terminal: Remove the car seat. Then, disconnect the red positive terminal from the battery. Now, you have to take off the car wheel carefully.
- Slide The Motor Off The Axle: When you remove the wheel, patiently slide the motor off the axle.
- Install the New Motor: To reassemble the vehicle, slide the new motor onto the axle. Push the connections into the compartment and attach the plug to the motherboard.
- Hook Up To The Battery: Finally, connect the battery terminal to the new motor. Check all the connections, such as the wheel connection. After that, check the power wheel to see whether the motor is installed correctly or not.
Step 3: Make use of an Electronic Speed Controller
An electronic speed controller is a device used to increase the speed of battery-powered vehicles. So, this is an easy way to make the power wheels faster. These devices contain channels. Before buying the speed controller, you should check the channels. Because these channels contain several inputs.
Step 4: Customize the Gearbox
The gearbox that determines how fast the power wheel is. Check the gearbox, and make modifications if needed. This gearbox can also be replaced with a new one.
How Far Can 6V Power Wheels Go
The ride-on toy at 6 volts has the least battery to, store the voltage. The fully charged battery lasts for 45 to 50 minutes. And the range that had covered by these batteries is 1 to 2 miles per hour.
Power Wheel 12 Volt Speed Range Of Battery
As you read above, the 12 volt battery can be used for 2 to 4 hours when fully charged. These batteries have a range of 3 to 4 miles per hour. However, it also depends on the surface on which your child rides.
How Much Distance Does A 24V Power Wheel Cover
The power wheels, with a 24-volt battery, can cover a distance of up to 6 miles per hour. If they had fully charged, some of these models can go as far as 10 miles. The speed of these models up to 10 miles is only possible if they had fitted with a 24V motor.
Power Wheel Models Of A 6 Volt Battery That Make Power Wheels Go Faster
The majority of power wheel toy rides include a 6 volt battery. As the name shows, it stores the least amount of voltage. Therefore, it had usually used for 1 year-old kids. Generally, it takes 10 hours to fully charge the battery when it is new. After that, you can charge it for 6 hours. So, when your child uses this toy ride continuously, the charging will last 40 to 50 minutes.
Best Models For 1 To 2 Years Child
The model that is suited for 1 to 2-year old children uses a 6 volt battery and is given below;
- Power Wheels Thomas
- Friends Thomas with Track
It has a slow speed and is the best model for a 1-year old child.
Don’t worry if the speed of your power wheel is slower than before. We have a solution to speed it up. In this article, you have learned the basic rules for making the power wheels faster. Despite that, check the air pressure in the tires. If they need air, use an air pump to fill them with air. Also, tighten all the connections. Finally, by following these steps, you will easily upgrade your power wheels easily.